Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Passion. Ambition. Butter.



I'm so excited to see this movie! I love Amy Adams and Meryl Streep, but I also love the storyline, which is based on a book written by the "Julie" of the title. Here's the publisher's summary:

Julie & Julia, the bestselling memoir that's "irresistible....A kind of Bridget Jones meets The French Chef" (Philadelphia Inquirer), is now a major motion picture. Julie Powell, nearing thirty and trapped in a dead-end secretarial job, resolves to reclaim her life by cooking in the span of a single year, every one of the 524 recipes in Julia Child's legendary Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Her unexpected reward: not just a newfound respect for calves' livers and aspic, but a new life-lived with gusto. The film version is written and directed by Nora Ephron and stars Amy Adams as Julie and Meryl Streep as Julia.

I have to admit, I've never read one of Julia Childs' cookbooks, but I'm thinking after I see this movie I'll be checking one out at the library! Plus any chef who says "you can never have enough butter" is right up my alley. :-) The movie comes out Friday, August 7.

2 comments:

kristine said...

me too!!! i wish i could be near you to go see it together...

Molly said...

I really want to see this too! I was just in DC and did you know that the smithosonian has a whole section dedicated to Julia Childs? I saw her kitchen and some crazy kitchen tools!