Sunday, May 17, 2009

Those Ingenious Europeans



Leave it to the Europeans to be so smart and inventive with all things bicycle. Krissy sent me the link to this wonderful all-in-one handlebar and basket from a design firm in Copenhagen.

Krissy and Travis also lived in Germany for about 2 years and while there they visited the bike mecca of Amsterdam. Just look at all the bikes in this garage! It's bigger than a lot of car parking garages I've seen. I feel so ridiculous and lazy sometimes driving my car for short errands only a mile or two from my house. I've even got a really great cruiser that's fun to ride.



Another great invention from a company in London is this bike rack that also incorporates a planter. I have an extraordinary fondness for things that are functional but beautiful at the same time. They also have a really clever storage option for multiple bikes.





No comments: