Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring has Sprung!



You wouldn't know it from our winter weather last week, but I think our warm temperatures and (mostly) sunny days are here to stay! The tarragon, chives and oregano are poking up in the garden and various other greenery is in evidence around the yard; one plant even has a few flowers on it. The lilac has lots of tiny buds and I can't wait for that fabulous aroma! Even the pesky dandelion looks beautiful to me at this time of year.





This is what we saw last week, on two different days:





Today I have all the windows open, the ceiling fans are on, the sky is a cloudless blue and I'm wearing a cute summer dress I got on sale last fall. What a difference a few days make!

2 comments:

Gayle (dama to my grand children) said...

What a difference from Winter to Spring, both are so beautiful.

I was wondering if you have your garden in yet and you answered me.

Mom

Christina Farley said...

It's crazy the difference. I don't know how you can stand the cold. I think Korea is bad but I've heard we've got like Washington DC weather but drier.

I do love your flower pictures though. They are the best!