Sunday, March 1, 2009

Barr Trail



Earlier this week Roxy and I went for a hike up (part of) Barr Trail, the long trail that goes up to the top of Pike's Peak. It was so nice to have temperatures in the low 60s in February! I hadn't been on that trail for several years and for some reason had forgotten how much uphill there was (dumb, I know; it's going up the side of a mountain!). Anyway, I was grateful for the switchbacks that allow it to not be straight uphill, and of course Roxy had no problem. She ran up and down the trail the whole time I was hiking, and she's also learned to drink out of a water bottle and Camelbak tube so she can stay hydrated. I'm so proud. :-) The views of the city and Garden of the Gods park are spectacular. Thankfully we didn't run into any bears, as the sign at the trailhead so ominously warns of.










2 comments:

Chad and Laura said...

Jen- She is such a good looking dog. I would be proud to. I cant get ours to do everything I want him to but when he does I get glad. Silly I know but of late I have grown to love him. And we are not huge animal lovers. So fun to go hiking. The weather here has been amazing as well. High 70 low 80s. Cool post!!

kristine said...

Oh that sounds like so much fun!!!!!! And to be with Roxy your bear protector at hand!! We are still eager to get our K9 family member soon!! Too go our on hikes and rides with them in tow will be fun!!! SO glad you tow went and enjoyed the day!