Sunday, February 8, 2009

Entertaining TV for any Food Lover



I just have to share this show/website with you! It's a Scandinavian cooking show called Perfect Day, that I've seen a few times now on my local PBS station and it's just a hoot--and has some great recipes also. Each episode has a different chef who hosts the show (Tina Nordstrom is pictured above); they travel to various interesting places around their country and then they cook the recipes for that episode right there at the different sites! So far I've seen recipes made on a glacier, on a boat in the sea during a rainstorm, in a meadow and more. I've never seen an American show like it and it's a refreshing change from the studio-created kitchens that you see on American TV. It makes you feel like you could have a tiny kitchen (or no kitchen at all) and create a feast, complete with appetizers, dessert, drinks and all. The recipes on the website are sometimes hard to follow, and sometimes it's obvious that the translation is a little off. I haven't made any of the recipes yet but I've printed off a few and I can't wait to try them (like this one and this one). If you find it on a TV station near you, it's definitely worth watching sometime. I guarantee you'll be entertained! :-)

No comments: