Monday, November 3, 2008

A Fascinating Discussion


I found this discussion on one of my favorite websites/blogs the other day and felt that it was something others would appreciate and could benefit from. The dialogue is between the blog author and a fan of hers who is an avid chef but happens to be blind. As many complaints as I have sometimes (my kitchen's too small, my knife isn't sharp enough, the pan I wanted to use isn't clean), they all pale in comparison to the issues this gentleman faces constantly. And he has such a great attitude about it! I hope that if something terrible were to happen to me one day and I lost my eyesight, I would be able to develop the same attitude and not just feel sorry for myself. If you can't click directly on the link, cut and paste it into your browser window, or click on the main website in the list to the left and search for How the Blind Cook.

http://chocolateandzucchini.com/archives/2008/10/how_the_blind_cook.php

No comments: