Friday, November 7, 2008

Some Great Websites



Even though my favorite type of design and style is modern, mid-century modern, Scandinavian, etc., I also love just about anything with some history behind it. Some people would say that the styles don't mix, but I think you should have things that you love and that mean something to you, rather than buying or not buying something just because it does or doesn't fit into a certain style.

I was excited to find the website for P.O.S.H. Chicago, a company whose founder seeks out tableware from manufacturers, flea markets and wherever else he can find items that have a story to tell.





Another fun site actually belongs to a new coworker of mine at Walter Drake. She was hired about a month ago and last week we found out that she sells her own designs on The Spotted Olive(TM), ranging from t-shirts to mouse pads to holiday cards and much more. I've already found at least 10 things I want to buy!



I've had the CHiA'SSO site in my list for a while now, but I bought my first product from them recently, these fabulous aluminum and steel windmills for my garden. They're one of the first places I've found to offer more modern garden and outdoor products, instead of cute frogs and cherubs and the like, and they also have tons of other great items for your house.



Links to all sites can be found in the Websites list to the left. Enjoy!