Monday, October 27, 2008

Introducing...



...ROXY!

We're finally a dog family again! We were lucky enough to find this sweet little girl on Craigslist (I'm telling you, it's a goldmine!) and have had her for just over a week now. She's the first fawn boxer we've had and I just love how dark she is and the little black tips on her ears, and her cute little 3-inch tail that just barely grazes the ground when she sits down. The family who was currently watching her for a friend couldn't keep her any longer and neither could the friend, so we were able to bring her into our family. The original owner had named her Baby Girl but we changed that to Roxy. She's super smart and has already learned the dog door and is learning how to shake for treats. We've gone on lots of walks around the neighbourhood and in various parks around the area. She already loves to sleep with us on the bed and she loves to cuddle, but she's still young enough (about 18 months) that she doesn't stay in one place for very long. It's been fun to learn her likes, dislikes and habits. She loves riding in the car but not the truck. She loves going for walks. She loves to come stand directly over your head while you're laying in bed. She doesn't like to be told to move once she's found a spot. She loves pig's ear strips! She loves tummy rubs and laying with her back legs sticking straight out. We're so excited to have found such a great dog.




What's not to love about this face? :-)

6 comments:

Amanda Lamb said...

What a cutie!!! Congrats! I'm excited for her to meet Scout...she's adorable! YAY Craigslist!

JenSBrooks said...

Oh! That face! She is SOOO cute! I wonder why she doesn't like the truck?

kristine said...

She is a babe! What fun to have Roxy home with you.. maybe we will be next!! Roxy adn the four of us need a K( friend at our home too.. I love how you love her already so much! I hope she comes with you!! Will you be packing the pooch to the Thanksgiving feast? Love you all! See you very soon!

Travis said...

You guys are super lucky to have found such a beautiful dog. I am jealous and it makes me even more excited to get ours when i get back from Iraq

Chad and Laura said...

Oh my, she is so pretty. I love the fawn color. Our last boxer was a fawn and so pretty. Not to long after she died some friends needed to find Bosco a new home. He is the brindle which I have never liked before him. He is 3 and an excellent dog. Very well trained and not near the spaz that Daisy was. Although he has started knocking the trash over. He needs more entertainment. Now that its not so yucky outside he should be getting more TLC. I love her and am glad you guys were able to get a new dog. Hope to see you soon.
Laura

Gayle (dama to my grand children) said...

Mom is crying right now, I miss all of our boxers. I am so glad you found Roxy, she is beautiful and I love her already. Send move pics.
Love mom